What makes cruiser bikes different from other kinds of bikes? Well, cruiser bikes usually have an upright seating position. So, they are also referred to as “sit-up-and-beg” bikes.
They have wide seats, upright bars, and low-pressure tires, so you don’t have to be in the best shape to enjoy them.
Cruisers are great. But, which are the best cruiser bike brands for you? How can you choose?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. After plenty of research, we’ve made a list of the best cruisers to buy in 2019.
|Kent 24" Girls'||Best Overall|
|Nickelodeon Paw Patrol Bicycle||Budget Pick|
|NAKTO 26" City Fat Tire Adult Electric Bicycles and 300W Assisted Bicycle||Upgrade Pick|
1. Kent 24" Girls'
- It has 24-inch wheels
- This is a great-looking girls cruiser bike
- Its fork is constructed from steel
- The tires are Kenda
- The handlebar is constructed from steel
- The brakes on this bike are twist style
- The tires are airless
- This bike is designed with a coaster brake
- The bicycle has a weight capacity of about 275 pounds
- The bike has a saddle that is constructed from vinyl
- It does not have a kickstand
- The headset needed to be replaced because it was loosing gears
- The chain needed to be tightened
Reviews for this Kent Girls' Cruiser Bike are generally favorable saying that it is a good bike for anyone between 12- to 15-years-old. Many reviewers like that it has pedals instead of the old style bicycle pedals. They like that they don't need to kick it along when going down very steep hills.
2. sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women's 3-Speed Step
- great quality frame
- low-maintenance sealed bike chain
- comfortable seat
- large padded seat
- rear rack included
- removable basket included
- seat tube is smaller than competing bikes
- has a smaller frame which might make it uncomfortable for taller people
If you’re searching for a beach cruiser you’ll like the EVRYjourney Women’s 3-Speed Step-Through bike. This bike is made of steel and aluminum, making it not only rust-resistant but also durable enough to provide a comfortable ride for up to 250 lbs.
It comes with a seat that has a suspended spring for a more comfortable ride. It also has a low-maintenance sealed bike chain. Also included with the bike is a rear rack, a removable basket and a kickstand.
This bike comes in a variety of colors. It would be perfect for short trips or even for riding for fun.
3. sixthreezero EVRYjourney Men's Single Speed Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle
- Good rear rack with extra space for your luggage
- Comes with an attached water bottle
Everyone loves a good cruiser bike, and the sixthreezero EVRYjourney is one of the most popular options when it comes to a single speed cruiser. It features a strong steel construction and a couple of colors to choose from.
This product has a good-looking design and a large seat that you can easily sit on for longer rides. This bike is also great for beginners or people who are still getting used to the riding position.
The EVRYjourney bike also has a straight handlebar with rubber grips that will help you with your grip. Those rubber grips also have a stylish leather look to them.
4. Firmstrong Urban Man Beach Cruiser Bike
- Front and rear quick release wheels
- 3 speeds
- High-rise handlebars
- Comes in a variety of vibrant colors
- Shimano rear derailleur with SRAM grip-shifter
- Weight: 34 lbs
- Sealed-bearing platform pedals
- Aluminum platform pedals
- Easy-to-read 3-speed dial-shift
- No water bottle holder
- Brakes may be a little weak
With Front and Rear Quick Release Wheels, 3 Speed Bicycle Drop Bar.
This cruiser bike is the perfect option for a range of riders, from the adventurous to the recreational riders. It has all of the features you would want in a cruiser bike, including the appearance. If you want to feel the wind in your hair, you’ll be able to on this bike. From the adjustable handlebars to the three-speed shifter, you are able to adjust this bike to be as easy or fast riding as you want it to be.
If you are a taller rider, however, this bike may not be the best for you. It is built for shorter riders, so you may find that the handlebars are not ideal if you are taller than normal. It would be difficult to find a bike that was ideal for all riders, however.
5. Mobo Triton Pro Adult Tricycle
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is durable.
- It is smooth.
- It doesn’t have enough space for storage.
- It isn’t suitable for rough terrain.
The Mobo tricycle is the best choice for regular use. This tricycle has an adjustable seat, which makes it very comfortable for all sizes. The seat looks beautiful and it’s also very comfortable. So you can enjoy your ride without any pains.
Mobo Triton Pro has a very powerful front magnet and 36V 400W front hub motor. It provides enough power. Please remember that the maximum weight is 220lbs (100kg).
6. RoyalBaby Girl's Bike Little Swan
- Manually adjustable seat, which brings the handlebars closer to the child's hands. This makes steering easier for your kid, though they may be closer too close to the curb so you'll need to step in
- The bike is easy to ease the training wheels on. The handlebar has large grooves with lines to provide a guide.
- This bike has a bell, which most other children's bikes don't have.
- The rear kickstand folds up and out of the way.
- The bell has a built-in bracket for a key. The seller recommends installing a key in the bracket. While this seemed like a good idea, what if the child needs to be rescued?
- Though the seat is adjustable, it's fixed to the frame. If you don't need to adjust the seat, this is a good feature.
- Little girls like the color of this bike.
- The bike has handlebars that are way too high. If mounted to the rider's seat position, the handlebars will be well above the rider's head. To accommodate this, the seller of this bike recommends supporting the frame with a piece of wood underneath the bottom bracket to act as a rise. What if the wood doesn't exist there to begin with? What if your child doesn't have a grownup nearby to act as a support column?
7. Mobo Triton Pedal Go Kart Trike. Kids 3-Wheel Bike. Youth Cruiser Tricycle
- Wheels are big and durable
- Lights and horn are a great safety feature for kids to use before dark
- Both the seat and pedals adjust
- Working pedals
- It can be too easy to crank the pedals and get going too fast
- It is much heavier than a normal bike, so it is not as easy to handle
- The pedals may be a bit small for some kids.
The Mobo Triton Pedal Go Kart Trike is made for children ages 3 to 6, although some parents have gotten it to work for older children.
The Triton has great reviews, with parents saying that their 3-year-old can pedal it with no problem, but that they are able to stop easily with the hand brake on the handlebar.
8. Nickelodeon Paw Patrol Bicycle
- Your kids will love this
- Comfortable handlebars
- 12” pneumatic tires
- 3-spoke alloy wheels
- The bell is functional
- Extra storage basket
This is Nickelodeon Adventure Bike for Kids. Your youngsters will love this bike. It is a perfect Christmas gift for your children.
It has an adjustable seat. It can be adjusted from 26” to 30”. That’s perfect for any young child who is between 4-8 years old.
In addition, there are some more features. It has enclosed padded seat with an adjustable canopy with a safety clasp.
9. Mobo Mobito Kids 3-Wheel Bike. Recumbent Trike. Childs Cruiser Tricycle
- Automatic folding: Safe, compact and convenient to store.
- Adjustable seat: suitable for height of 2.24-3.68", suitable for most 2 or 3 year old kids.
- Adjustable handle: Parents can adjust the handle position for their child's legs.
- Multi-directional footrest: To protect the legs to extend both feet facing downward, which is the most secure and comfortable riding position.
- Large tires: 6" tires with high-adhesion solid rubber tires, safe and non-slip, avoiding skid, no bump, increase the security and keep the move smoothly.
- Durable braking system: Pedal-operated rear coaster brake.
- Free carrying bag: convenient to carry and store.
- 3-wheel design: safe and stable.
- The assembly of this bike takes a lot of time.
- Who is it for?
- The Mobo Mini is a good bike for kids ages 2 and 3 who are ready to ride their first two wheel bike.
With Big Safe Tires and Training Wheels for 2-6 Year Old Boys and Girls with Footrests, Safety Seat and Adjustable Handle.
10. Firmstrong Girl's Bella Bicycle
This product is built with a strong steel construction that ensures the safety of the rider. It is equipped with training wheels to help the user gain confidence in their development. The stylish and glossy design will add some excitement for the birthday boy or girl! It also comes with a warranty and has a basket for storage.
This bicycle will definitely encourage the rider to stay active and fit and will soon become a part of normal daily routine. The product is appropriate for children aged 3 years or older, while the minimum age can be as low as 18 months, entirely dependent on the specific child.
This bicycle is a part of young girl's Bella collection. The stylish pink and purple paint job will make it the center of attention and will provide hours of exciting outdoor riding.
11. Retrospec Koda Kids Bike
- Great product quality
- Sufficiently spacious to accommodate a kid on 3-4 years of age
Bikes for Kids – Best Bicycle for Toddlers and Preschoolers with Training Wheels for Balance and Stability – Lightweight Aluminum Frame and Adjustable Seat, 3 Colors.
When it comes to quality bike brands for kids, one of the most well-known names in the business is Retrospec.
The Retrospec Koda Kids Bike is designed for babies aged 12 months to 4 years. However, the seat can be adjusted so that you can keep your kids on the bike for much longer.
12. NAKTO 26" City Fat Tire Adult Electric Bicycles and 300W Assisted Bicycle
- Available in 26-inch and 28-inch tires
- A great affordable choice for cruising and commuting, it weighs 46 pounds
- A comfortable ride thanks to its
- Easy to assemble.
- Traditional bicycle shape and size
- Front shock absorbers
- LED lighting
- Maximum speed of 16 miles per hour
- A chainless motor drives the front wheel, and you can also pedal as well
- Comes with a rear rack
- Heavy and not easily transportable; measures 35 inches high, 82 inches long and 36 deep
- The small tires make it difficult to ride on rough surfaces
- The rear seat is not designed for carrying passengers
- On the lower end of price range, and low customer rating
If you’re on the market for a cruiser bicycle, this is a great choice for a beginner. It has performed well for many people because it was easy to assemble and offers a comfortable ride.
13. unYOUsual U Transformer 20" Folding City Bike Bicycle 6 Speed Shimano Gear Steel Frame Mudguard Rear Carrier Front Rear Wheel Reflectors Silver
- 6 Speeds Gears Shimano Gear Shifter
- Steel Frame Body
- High Tensile strength
- Disc Brakes
- Black Color
- It has Front and Rear Universals Mudguard with
- Rear Carrier
- It can be used as Hybrid Bike or Street Bike due to its shape and design
- The Speeds Gear Shifter not consist in the front but behind, making it bit difficult to change, but in the back is also easy and comfortable to change
- The break adjustment is bit complicated that you have to go into the front for it.
The Bicycle is designed for 6 People, if you are the 5th person on this bike then it is not reliable enough, but for 6 People then it really works in a great way.
And have to be said that this Bike is Great but we have to sacrifice for such price, the Gear shifting may not be so great, and the break may have to make adjustments almost always, but all these don’t really effect a working system of the bike and makes full fun in riding it.
14. Aluminum Fat Bikes
Fat bikes are one of the most interesting types of bike we came across. These bikes come with tires that are over six inches tall.
When this kind of tire is combined with the fat bike frames, it results in a very stable ride. Some fat bikes can be used on the snow thanks to special features.
15. Fito Anti Rust Light Weight Aluminum Alloy Frame
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Easily fitted with rear rack
- Quick release front wheel
- Free rear light
- Fits together easily within minutes, no tools needed
16. Huffy 26" Men's Cranbrook Cruiser Bike
- The wheels are large, making it sturdy and suitable for different terrains
- The saddle is wide with comfortable padding and therefore comfortable for long bike rides
- The bike is lightweight and can easily be carried around when folded
- The paint can flake off
- Some assembly is required
The brakes provide great stopping power because of the V-brakes.
This bike is great for daily commutes, riding to work, riding around town or just for fun. It is easy to push around – mostly because of the large, sturdy wheels.
As a new rider or simply as someone who is not used to riding a bike, this bike has some great features. This is a bike that a person can use every day if they want and it will not wear them out.
17. Firmstrong Urban Lady Single Speed Beach Cruiser Bicycle
- Extremely comfortable to ride
- Great customer support
- Comes in a variety of different colors
- Cheap-looking steel brakes
- Rusts easily
If you’re looking to get a beach cruiser with a basket, this pink Firmstrong Urban Lady Single Speed Bicycle is an excellent choice. It features an extremely comfortable saddle, great geometry for easier maneuvering, and a rear rack that is perfect for hauling around your items.
There’s also a lot of places you can choose from to riding your cruiser. Whether you want to cruise around the town, or ride down to the beach, you’ll definitely enjoy yourself.
The steel frame might cause rust issues if you’re a person that likes to leave their riding equipment out in the rain. The steel brakes have a cheap look to them, and don’t seem to be very reliable.
18. Adult Schwinn Tricycle Three
- An excellent price for a super-cheap product
- Lightweight, quick and easy to maneuver
- Good for casual riding
- Comes with an integrated basket
- Can easily carry groceries
- Doesn’t require a lot of physical ability to ride
- 3-speed option
This three wheeled scooter is a decent option for casual riding. It’s not the most durable or smoothest riding bike available on the market, but if you’re just looking for something to ride around town on a regular basis, then this bike will get the job done.
19. Fito Anti-Rust and Light Weight Aluminum Frame Modena GT-2 Alloy Shimano 7-Speed Shimano Disk Brakes 26" Mens Beach Cruiser Bike Bicycle Matte Black
- Folding Design with Folding Pedals
- Finger adjustable seat height
- Easy to assemble
- Alloy wheels
- Professional fork high-strength frame and fork, high strength.
- 16 inches steel rims, double wall and double strength.
- Packing size: 68x33x16cm/26x13x6.2inch
- Net weight: 14kgs/30.8lbs
- Product size: 85x26x75cm/33.5x10x29.5inch
- Pedals with toe clips
- No bottle holder
- No rear rack
- No bell
- Stand over height.
- This bike is great for tall people who ride short gears, or who live in hilly terrain.
- Felt the pedals are wobbly.
- Seat adjusts vertically rather than horizontally (as advertised), which means seat could be too high or too low depending on your torso length.
- Gear changer won’t be as convenient for some.
20. ENSTVER Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle
- This bike has a comfortable headlight
- It is easy to assemble
- Great value for the money
This bike has a 20-inch frame and a step through steel frame. It can support a maximum rider weight of 300 pounds. The bike is made entirely of steel to ensure its durability and long life span.
This bike has a high-end aluminum alloy structure and low center of gravity design. The Shimano 8 speed gear system allows you to pedal with ease and quicker. The straight blade steel fork is great for your safety and safety of other riders. The 250 watt motor can reach up to 400 watts of peak power. The 27.5*4.0 tires are a good choice as well. The battery accepts Samsung 18650 battery.
21. COEWSKE 26" Single Speed Men Women's Beach Cruiser Bicycle
- Attractive design
- Great for casual riding and exercise
- Comfortable and smooth riding
- Fair price
- Not good for hilly areas
- Drivetrain quality is not that great
If you’re looking for a bike that is comfortable, good looking and durable, look no further than this single speed beach cruiser from Coewske.
This bike will serve you well as a daily rider and even allow you to commute to work. For fitness and aerobic exercise, it will do a good job although you may want to upgrade the components.
The best feature of this bike is that it’s very easy to assemble. With basic tools, it can be installed in 20 minutes. The bike itself is well-made and durable, and it features a steel frame that is light gray and a pinkish seat with white accents.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Who makes the best cruiser bike?
Cruiser bikes do not have suspension, and they aren't made for serious off-roading. Although they are intended to be ridden on flat roads, they are still a good bike for casual everywhere use. The saddle should be comfortable for long rides, and they should be rigid enough to handle bumps.
Cruisers are a pretty specific type of bike and, as a result, there are a couple of brands that are famous for quality cruisers. The best brand of cruiser bikes is probably Schwinn (scroll through the Schwinn section to see the various models).
Some of the best cruiser models ever made include those from the classic 1950s era like the Hercules and Daggers. Some of these are highly sought-after collectibles that can easily fetch thousands of dollars on the secondary market.
If you're interested in learning about the history of cruiser bikes, check out Retrobike.
What is the best brand of beach cruiser bicycles?
You can’t beat the classic beach cruiser style. With it, you get to enjoy a bike ride amid the warmth of the summer sun, and this is great as long as you don’t mind your face getting so much exposure to the same sun.
But, it’s a good thing that you have real alternatives now to enjoying your bicycle on the beach. In this age, you can ride your bike while staying under cover of the shade. The question then is which is the best brand of beach cruiser bikes?
The answer to this question is Giordano. If you like classic beach cruisers and simple bicycles, then forget the rest. Giordano is the best brand of beach cruiser bicycles in this age.
Are cruiser bikes good?
YES, for many reasons.
They offer loads of value and can be enjoyed by almost anyone.
From casual riders to the experienced bikers,.
From the youngest riders to seniors.
Cruisers are the type of bikes with comfort.
They are designed specifically for relaxed rides in comfort.
The comfort is the main reason they are so popular among riders of all different ages.
But, cruisers also have other advantages that make them so suitable for the majority.
What should I look for in a cruiser bike?
With so many features and options in bike design, you can find the perfect cruiser bike for your desires.
Here are some things to look for in a bike:
If you're looking for a quality bike for riding around town on, then you can't go past a cruiser bike. When deciding which is the best cruiser bike for your needs, there are a few things to keep in mind. Our recommended options hit all the right notes to make your short commute as enjoyable as possible.
|Kent 24" Girls'||Best Overall|
|Nickelodeon Paw Patrol Bicycle||Budget Pick|
|NAKTO 26" City Fat Tire Adult Electric Bicycles and 300W Assisted Bicycle||Upgrade Pick|