With more and more types of fishing gear available today, it is no surprise many fishermen are confused about what gear to get.
But the best fishing nets are often not well-known; usually it is just the well-advertised nets that are in demand.
In this article, we will discuss the best fishing nets in detail. We will also introduce to you the most famous fishing nets in the world, and the criteria used to judge which of them are the best fishing nets.
|Fly Fishing Net||Best Overall|
|Shakespeare Youth Fishing Nets||Budget Pick|
|Frabill Trophy Haul Fishing Net||Upgrade Pick|
1. Fly Fishing Net
- It will last for years to come
- Consists of rubber mesh basket
- Comes with a wooden handle
2. ForEverlast Inc. Generation 2 Non-Snag Floating Fishing Landing Net
- Floating net, easy to see rough bottoms and surface and for amphibians
- Excellent for carp and bass fishing
- Can be used by left-hand and right-hand users
- Folding, convenient for carry
- Durable and rust-resisting net frame
- Folded size is small and portable, easy to store
5.5 Fully Welded Stainless Steel
This net is very robust and durable for rugged use. Several users say that it is perfect for aquatic fish like carp, bass, catfish, turtles, and crawfish. It is a full-sized-net and the manufacturer says it can catch fishes up to a weight of 50 lbs.
The fishing net comes with a mesh of 160 × 170mm, which is quite large, and it supports long-distance casting as well. The wide-meshed net frame will not prevent fishes from swimming, and you can easily catch lots of fishes quickly.
3. SF Fly Fishing Landing Net Soft Rubber Mesh Trout Net Catch and Release Net
- lightweight and works well with small fish and frogs
- perfect for anyone looking to practice catch and release
- great for carp fishing in ponds and small lakes
- ensures that your catch does not get damaged
- the fish won’t beat you to death trying to get away
- rubber handle makes it easy for you to carry your catch
- high-quality rubber mesh netting
- fits in the palm of your hand
- great for extreme anglers
- excellent fish-catcher
- the rubber mesh landing net’s handle is a little too thin for our liking
- a bit more difficult to land fish with this type of net
- not for catching extremely large fish
You should always remember that wading or fishing in a river requires you to use the right equipment. It’s a piece of equipment that is used to help anglers land fish. It’s a simple yet indispensable piece of equipment that is used to catch fish as well as to measure the size of fish.
It’s also used to protect the fish from getting injured while reeling them in. You may be wondering why you need a landing net. The answer is simple. Having a landing net will make a big difference in landing a fish.
4. Frabill Bridge/Pier Net
This net is super strong. It can hold a load of up to 8 lbs. It's strong enough to handle breaking large chunks of ice.
Its pre-coiled rope is 50' long. It measures 36". The net's woven mesh net size is 3" x 7". This makes it perfect for casting over bridge rails or pier ledges.
Its triple-ply nylon rope is pre-rigged for easy use. It measures 4" in diameter equal to a standard four-strand rope.
5. PLUSINNO Fly Fishing Net
- Portable size and light weight
- Very durable, so it won’t tear when it hits rocks or the like
- Easy to use
Net with 30.5 L Size
This fishing net is going to be perfect for people who are looking to fish; it is easy to transport and simple to set up with. Measuring thirty-seven inches when collapsed it will fold up and store just about anywhere that you can imagine.
The handles on this net are long and will extend up to a length of forty-four inches, and the net itself measures twenty-seven inches in diameter. This allows you easy access to the fish that you catch.
6. ODDSPRO Fly Fishing Landing Net
- Made of premium aluminum frame with stainless steel net
- Rubber coated to avoid tangling or denting fish
- Large grip and a conical dipper
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Wide mouth but foldable
This net is made to be used a boat and has the unique ability to fold up. There are three wheels and a foam grip handle. The net is made of quality materials and the size is both portable and large.
7. NetAngler Fishing Net
- Excellent for both saltwater and fresh water fishing
- Excellent quality mesh that filters out debris and holds fish
- Very comfortable, non-slip grip
- Virtually unbreakable
This 9 feet multipurpose fish landing net is great for both saltwater and freshwater fishing, don’t let the name fool you.
The ultra-fine drum style, rubber-mesh net allows you to easily capture fish from tight places and has a strong magnet for safe and easy release of fish.
Comes with a cushion grip and weighted handle for better control and stability while fish landing.
8. ODDSPRO Kids Fishing Net
- Ideal for butterfly collecting
- Perfect for children
- Works great
- Gives great butterfly netting
- Poles are carbon fiber but the netting is nylon
- Poles are not the best for butterfly collecting
- Construction of the net is good
- Some complained of wrong product received
The ODDSPRO Fishing Net is one of the best butterfly netting nets on the market today. The pole is carbon fiber and the netting is nylon. The net is 360-mm in diameter and weights less than 9 ounces which is really handy for children or butterfly collectors collecting butterflies. This butterfly netting has a long aluminum handle that can be easily folded up and carried with you wherever you go.
This butterfly netting is made with very high quality for catching all types of butterflies and other small insects. The handle is very durable and made out of high quality aluminum. The aluminum handle allows you to move it fast and it doesn’t slow you down like some of the other butterfly nets. You can catch a lot of butterflies and insects with this butterfly netting.
9. Trademark Innovations 35" Fly Fishing Fish-Safe Net by
- Heavy duty
- Spare mesh pocket included
- Can be easily stowed
- Durable covering
This high-quality yet inexpensive net is built from a sturdy plastic. It’s made to last, yet it’s so lightweight that you can take it with you everywhere you go without a hassle.
The net is covered in the highest quality, large mesh fish-safe mesh that’s very strong and durable.
It’s even strong enough to let you carry your catch to your vehicle without risking it getting caught up and torn.
10. Frabill 9522 Conservation MG Landing Net
The Frabill 9522 Conservation MG Landing Net is an absolute value for the money. The value this net offers is also match by its craftsmanship and usability. The net is made from high quality materials with top notch construction. Next part of this review will analyze the main features of this product in details.
11. PLUSINNO Kids Fishing Net
- Works great in the lake and river
- The net is perfect for large or small fish
- The fishing net was great for young kids and it is easy to use
- The fishing nets can be used for a long time
- The net is easy to set up
- It is good for a close quarter or a far length of time
- I can carry a lot of fish in the net
- It is great for kids
- The net should have come with a case as it would been nicer if it could be used as a travel net
- The fishing nets have a hard time staying together
- Fishing nets do not have enough silicone lines to last
Fishing nets are an easy and fun way to catch fish. This telescoping fishing net features a telescopic pole that allows for varying nets to cater to any sized fish.
12. Fiblink Folding Aluminum Fishing Landing Net Fish Net
- Lightweight and portable
- Telescopic length makes it fit all boats
- Solid aluminum construction, fiberglass handle with clips for quick folding
If you’re an angler whose boat ride is only a short one and hence you don’t need a canoe or kayak landing net, then this one is a great choice for you.
This fiberglass handle landing net has an aluminum folding coil for easy storage and transport. It’s perfect for the angler with a smaller boat and it’s easy to use.
This net has a good capacity and is lightweight, made with a durable aluminum construction. The padded handle adds to the ease of use. The net bag has an anti-corrosion PVC coating, so you can clean it with ease. It’s a great choice for mountain streams and ponds.
13. Kid Casters Fishing Net
- Easy to assemble and detach
- Has a large catch
- Aluminum rings can be harmful to animals
- Flimsy netting
If you are an impatient person who wants to catch fish but not wait long for it, this net is for you. It is simple to attach and disassemble.
14. EGO Reach Landing Fishing Net
- Great for fishing
- Super lightweight
- Telescoping handle
- Salt and freshwater safe
The EGO Net is a top-quality fishing net with a telescopic handle that is designed to let you reach your catch quickly and effectively. It is made from strong, tangled-free and lightweight nylon that is perfect for salt water or fresh water.
The best thing about this particular net is the innovative grip that makes it extremely easy to maneuver. You’ll be able to easily handle the line, which makes it easier to catch your fish. The grip makes it simple to attach the net to any pole. This net is snag-free and will help you catch a lot of fish, allowing you to fill your bucket quickly.
15. Frabill Trophy Haul Fishing Net
- Large net with great weight capacity
- Durable and easy to use
Frabill is at the top of the industry in the manufacturing of fishing nets.
With that being said the Frabill Trophy Haul Pro Series is an all-around great net for fishing.
This net weighs 13 pounds and can hold up to 17 pounds of fish.
16. KastKing Fishing Net Folding Landing Net
- It can be folded into a small size, which makes it easier to carry
- The telescopic poles work well and its designed to be very sturdy
- The net it comes with can hold large fish without tearing
- The net can withstand large fish, such as catfish
- It’s lightweight and yet very strong
- It’ll save on storage space compared to other conventional designs
- Fits in most backpacks and tackle boxes
- Undoubtedly the best portable folding fishing net on the market
Anodized, Aluminum Alloy 64.4 Ibs
The above product is not a standard fishing net. It’s actually a foam padded telescoping landing net that weighs less than two pounds. This makes it the perfect fishing net to take on your fishing trips.
This lightweight fishing net should be easy to fold and store. It’ll make the perfect item to fill up a tackle box. You’ll never have to worry about it getting in your way when you’re fishing.
17. PLUSINNO Fishing Net Fish Landing Net
- Many great positive ratings
- Comes with a carrying bag
Portable Boat Carry Bag M201.
Fishing nets are a handy tool to have on hand no matter what kind of angler you are. Whether you’re out fishing with a boat, or you wade out into the water, it’s always good to have some kind of fishing net on hand to either catch or release your catches.
So, if you’re looking for the best net for fishing, this net is definitely worth considering. Made out of durable nylon with mesh material, it’s a telescoping pole and a collapsible net that comes in a carrying case for ease of storage, and convenience.
18. Magreel Fishing Net
- * Built with a telescopic pole for convenience * Durable * Easy to set up * Large net
Great for Boating Kayaking Paddle Boat.
This fishing net is designed for all kinds of applications, such as kayaking, paddle boating, home use, and even on fishing boats. used to catch and release fish. It comes with a collapsible telescopic pole specifically designed for fishing.
Thanks to the telescopic pole, you’ll be able to adjust the net to the right size. And thanks to the nylon mesh material, this net is durable and won’t bend too easily, even when it has a heavy load.
19. Drop Net
- Sturdy construction that holds up well in a variety of conditions.
- Very simple to work with and clean.
- Safe to use near shore and a comfortable size to carry around.
- Comes with mesh storage bag for easy storage.
- The smooth surface doesn’t reduce productivity or increase your risk of injury.
- The handles are plastic and can be slippery if they’ve been exposed to water for any length of time.
- The netting is a bit rough and can shred and jam your hands or fishing gear if you’re not careful.
20. RESTCLOUD Fishing Landing Net
- Easy to use
- Strong stainless steel telescopic pole
- Can set up within seconds
- No more tangled mess of fishing nets
- The handle is made from plastic but it is fairly sturdy
- The net bag is a bit small
This Fishing Landing Net is a great device to use when fishing. It has a strong, sturdy pole that can be extended to 50 inches and collapses to 15 inches. And as it is made from durable, solid stainless steel, it ensures that you’ll be able to easily convert your fishing into a successful venture without the usual tangled mess of fishing nets.
Use this fishing landing net from RestCloud with ease as it has a handle that you can easily extend. It means that you’ll be able to throw the net further, and pick up more fish to bring home. After which you can easily collapse the poles and store everything in its durable fabric bag.
21. ILLUMINET Floating Bait Net: PICK YOUR COLOR: Kids Beach Nets
- Lightweight and portable
Minnow Trap, Walleye Net, Bass Net.
The Illuminate Floating Bait Net is perfect for shore fishing. It provides the perfect game you need for shore fishing. It is perfect for catching small fish and bait.
This floating net is made with durable highly visible neon colors and it will float in the water. It is designed with net bags that are super tough and easy to use. The net is also perfect for hitting the beach and for any kind of shell-collecting.
22. EASY BIG Foldable Fishing Net Hand Net
- Durable and well-built
- Very affordable
- Easy to use
- Useful measuring marker
- Includes numerous attachment options
- High quality
- A lot of extras
- Compact design
- Ergonomic design
- The rubber on the handles wears out and cracks in cold weather
- The handle can get hot if you’re working on a sunny day
- The release button sticks in the cold weather
All in all, if you’re looking for an affordable “green” fish net, then we recommend this one. It’s available at a wallet-friendly price, so you won’t need to break the bank to put it in your shopping cart. It works well, and the netting is durable. Yet, it’s not too bulky, so storing it is a breeze.
This fish net comes in at a big 15.7×15.7×2.6 inches. In other words, you’ll have enough space to scoop up everything, including large sea creatures like crabs and lobsters. The handle is comfortable and well-padded, so you can use the net for a long time without it getting too uncomfortable.
23. Shakespeare Youth Fishing Nets
This is the best fishing nets for someone who isn’t a casual fisherman who needs a net only once in a while. This is a seriously heavy-duty net that arrives with the solid metal hoop measuring 6mm. This hoop is perfect for longer trolling rods as it can be extended to 27”.
There’s no question that the pole is solid and sturdy enough that you can expect it to last for a long time.
When it comes to the handle, you’re equipped with 11” while the diameter of the handle is at 2”. A full nylon mesh net softens the contact with the fish, which reduces any risk of damaging or even killing the catch.
24. Wakeman 8-Inch Fishing Net
- Versatile and very user-friendly
- Can be used in both large and small bodies of water
- Perfect for fresh water
- Portable and lightweight
This top-rated fishing net from Wakeman includes an 8-inch diameter hoop and is made from aluminum, steel and nylon so it has great strength and flexibility.
It is big enough to catch most fish but small enough to fit in standard sized tackle boxes. This makes it easy to take on the go and easy to store.
This fishing net from Wakeman is an excellent option for fishing in shallow waters. The hoop is long enough to reach into deeper bodies of water.
25. Portable Folded Fishing Net Fish Shrimp Minnow Crayfish Crab Baits Cast Mesh Trap Automatic
- Large mesh openings
- Durable construction
- Allows in deep sea creatures
- Some reported product quality issues
- The mesh walls are thin and get stuck in the ground easily
This 6-hole Folded Portable Fish Cage Fishing Net is capable of catching almost any instance of wildlife. You can use it to catch crayfish, shrimp, frogs, and fish. It is a great addition to any tackle box and can be used for virtually any activity.
You can also use this net to fish for crabs, specifically Dungeness crabs during Dungeness crab season in the same manner that you would use a crab net.
If you live in a large area of land that is suitable for fishing, this net is a convenient way to be able to do so without having to search for traps every time. It also provides you with the ability to catch multiple creatures in one net.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best fishing net?
The best fishing net is one that you can easily use and is strong enough to catch large fish without tearing. If you’re a serious fisher, you might prefer something small and light that you can carry easily, but if you’re looking to buy a fishing net for the family, choose a big one that will help you catch larger fish with more ease.
Take into consideration where you plan to keep your fishing net, since they will be considered a big item, so you might need floor space for it. For easy storing, consider a collapsible net.
Another important feature to look for is the size, as you might need nets with different sizes depending on the size of the fish you want to catch. The nets should be strong enough to handle the entire catch, or you might end up with spoiled fish.
Are rubber nets better for fish?
The very best choice for a fishing net depends on what you intend to catch and where.
As summer gets under way, it’s time to start fishing. In my opinion, fishing is second only to gardening in relaxing benefits. I personally love fishing but rarely partake because I don’t live right next to a body of water.
If you don’t like catching fish – which is totally understandable – you can catch shrimp, crawfish, and even crabs. Fisherman from the past often caught all the fish they needed for a meal and then threw the rest back because it would have spoiled quickly.
While the ultimate net depends on your particular fishing needs, the main two you should consider are a rubber fishing net and a metal fishing net.
Why are fishing nets bad?
Fishing nets are bad for three reasons. First, they’re not selective. They’ll get everything in the water, including dolphins, sharks, and turtles. Second, they’re incredibly wasteful. The vast majority of the fish caught by nets will be thrown back into the water, dead.
The third reason is bycatch. Bycatch is the name of the small, mostly juvenile, seafood that gets caught in nets by mistake. These animals often die because they can suffocate or get crushed by the inefficient design of bottom-set dragnets. Bottom-set dragnets result in bycatch of 50% or more.
What's the best landing net handle?
All of the landing net handles we tested have a pistol grip style grip. There are two main styles, a pistol grip or a round handle. The round handle is flatter than the pistol grip style, making it easier on your hands when lifting heavy fish. The pistol grip handle is shaped similar to a gun trigger but the grip itself is larger. There is a small loop handle on the top of the grip that makes it easy to pull the net out of the water when set.
All of the landing nets we tested are made of different materials. Some are shock corded with plastic or metal rings, while others have a bungee cord and a piece of elastic for the handle loop. There are different factors to consider when purchasing landing net handles ranging from size, style, and material to the net itself.
We’ve taken military grade data and have sifted through it to bring you some of the best fishing nets that allow you to get the job done faster, and with a minimum chance of getting tangled up in the netting. After looking at the top contenders, we believe our pick for the best buck is the Crown Gear Fishing Net.
|Fly Fishing Net||Best Overall|
|Shakespeare Youth Fishing Nets||Budget Pick|
|Frabill Trophy Haul Fishing Net||Upgrade Pick|