Waterproof backpacks are the ultimate solution if you intend to carry electronics and other non-weatherproof items in your bag.
The best waterproof backpacks are appropriate for around town adventures, treks in the woods and traveling. Tough outdoor nooks and crannies, will not affect the performance of a waterproof backpack.
Make sure you choose the best waterproof backpack for your needs.
|Earth Pak -Waterproof Dry Bag||Best Overall|
|MARCHWAY Floating Waterproof Dry Bag 5L/10L/20L/30L/40L||Budget Pick|
|Skog Å Kust BackSåk Waterproof Floating Backpack||Upgrade Pick|
1. Earth Pak -Waterproof Dry Bag
* Great for kayaking
- rafting or fishing trips
- waterproof material
* Includes a waterproof phone case
* Very small
The EarthPak waterproof backpack is a pretty effective item, and is made of high-quality material. It even comes with a waterproof phone case that should keep your phone safe in the event that you drop it overboard.
The material of this bag is quite tough. You’d still want to store it in a heavy-duty, waterproof container if you’re going to be traveling by plane, for example.
However, a better way to utilize this bag is to use it in combination with a container. Think of it as a waterproof pouch. One of the great things about this product is that it’s super easy to pack and store.
2. MARCHWAY Floating Waterproof Dry Bag 5L/10L/20L/30L/40L
- Good quality
- Huge capacity
- Low price
- Fragile and easily distorted
- Poor stitching
This large waterproof dry bag is highly versatile and works for a wide variety of needs. This is thanks to its wide range of sizes. The smallest size is 5 litres (0.57 gallons) and is ideal for storing your phone and other small items. The largest bag is 40 litres (5.3 gallons), which is ideal for storing wet towels, clothes, etc.
Useful for a wide range of activities, from hiking to boating, and from camping to swimming. The bag that we got was a 20 liter size and it was ideal for storing extra clothes, towels and other wet things, which is good for a beach holiday.
The quality isn’t as good as you’d expect considering the price. The stitching just isn’t very well done. It seems that the threads will start unravelling after a while of use. The plastic ring that secures the cord lock has already snapped and we’re not very impressed by it. It’s supposed to hold the cord lock in place, but ended up snapping off after a short period of time.
3. CARQI Sling Bag Shoulder Backpack Crossbody Purse
- Very durable and tough
- Quality material
- Great size
- Good for travel, hiking, camping, sports
- This bag tends to get in the way
- Heavy to lift
- Some of the stitching can come loose
This sling backpack from Carqi is military-grade waterproof, and it carries up to 100 lbs of gear.
One issue with this bag is that it can get in the way while you are doing your activity. If you are hiking on a trail, for example, you could potentially lose your balance if this already heavy bag shifts.
Another problem with this backpack is that it is just plain heavy. Even when it is empty, it can be a strain on the shoulder that it is slung over.
4. Backpack for Men and Women Fit 17 Inches All 15.6 Inches Laptops Waterproof Shockproof OUTJOY School Bag Travel Laptop Backpack Book Bag Business Work Daypack
- Waterproof, durable, and functional
- Has extra space for small stuff like wallets, keys, and electronic devices
- Two large compartments
- Tight inner pockets
- Supports laptops up to 15.6 inches
- 2 USB charging ports
- Straps are made of cheap material
- No additional cushioning
This is a sleek laptop backpack with a lot of room for your stuff. This all-purpose backpack can be used for college, school, work, hiking, camping, and travel. It is very roomy and spacious. It easily fits laptops and the pockets are enough for small accessories.
This waterproof backpack features a rain cover and an adjustable padded shoulder straps. It has strong plastic coverings with sturdy fittings made of sturdy heavy duty cloth material along with a handle detachable luggage strap. These features protect your backpack from the rain and give your strong support.
It has two side pockets for water bottles and a small pocket on top of the bag to store your hat and sunglasses. It also has two side pockets and a roomy front pocket that gives you enough room to carry all of your essentials. These side and front pockets are so handy especially when you are going for a hike or camping.
5. Acrodo Waterproof Dry Bag
- Has plenty of outside pockets for you to store various things.
- Has a combination lock.
- Great for those who do kayaking.
- May be great for camping.
- Slide out technology can be challenging to use.
- The zippers may break easily.
- A few people have had the bag leak.
6. Freegrace Waterproof Dry Bags Set of 3
- Multiple additional features
- Large bag
- Good for Kayaking
- Great design
- Great quality
The Freegrace dry bags are two bags and a shoulder bag.
They are 100% dry bags and come with multiple additional accessories and features.
7. Chaos Ready Waterproof Backpack
- Hydration compatible
- Top and side handle
- Shoulder straps adjust
- Backing is environmentally friendly; 100% recyclable polyester
- Side and front pockets
- Comes in several colors
- Quality construction
- Affordable price
This dry bag pack is made from tough ripstop polyester that’s 100% recyclable, so you can easily feel good about getting a lot of use out of the Chaos Ready bag. Although it’s not polyurethane coated like the more expensive models, the ripstop fabric is treated to be waterproof.
To make sure everyone gets a lot of use out of the bag, it’s available in several colors. In addition, several colors also have the black mesh pockets, while others have a reflective stripe, or a combination of reflective stripe, mesh, and black. The mesh side pouches are very handy for placing your smaller items or those items you need easy access to.
The bag comes with multiple carrying options, including the top and side handles and the padded shoulder strap. We found this strap to be very comfortable, almost up to the level of the officially licensed bags.
8. OutdoorMaster Hiking Backpack 45L
- The sturdiness of the bag is tested by a 200lb weigh placed on top of the bag
- The bag is made in China, making the bag cheaper than others made in the US
- The zippers are sturdy and handy in getting rid of water
- The hook on the top of the bag is another handy tool to get the water out
- The backpack is made out of Oxford(nylon), a material used for the army
- The backpack has compression straps that compress the bag from the top and bottom
- The backpack has breatheable mesh, making for easy breathing
- The bag is waterproof both outside and inside
- The backpack has two side pockets that the arms can go through
- The backpack is versatile and ideal for any adventure
- The backpack has a steel frame inside that you can feel, making it uncomfortable
- Although waterproof, the backpack is not completely watertight
- The watertight backpack is relatively heavier than other waterproof bags
9. Skog Å Kust BackSåk Waterproof Floating Backpack
- Made out of high-quality Oxford nylon
- Adjustable, padded shoulder straps
- Stealthy with a matte finish
- All-season use
- Available in two sizes
- Made in USA
- The shoulder straps are not as padded as other backpacks in the same price range
- No side mesh pockets
- Small pocket on front flap of the backpack is not waterproof
- Has no space for water bottles
Since this is a top-loading backpack, you cannot see what’s in it and if it’s secure. It’s not a good idea to put valuables in the top compartment.
This floating backpack is an excellent choice for both outdoor activities and work. One of the great aspects to this backpack is that it is waterproof, which is key when carrying valuables on travel. The pocket for electronics is waterproof, too. The backpack is comfortable to wear and the outer material is waterproof, too. The buckle is durable and won’t break, even if you put a lot of weight into the bag.
10. WolfWarriorX Men Backpacks Large Capacity Military Tactical Hiking Expandable 39L-60L Backpack
- Comes with a removable internal bag, laptop compartment, 2-year warranty, and military standards
- Lots of pockets to keep your gear organized
- Durable, heavy-duty, and well-made
- Comes in several different colors
- The compression strap could be convenient for carrying bigger objects
- Some parts of the backpack are of bad quality
The Wolf WarriorX backpack is a compact-sized backpack that also expands to a larger size. It comes with a 39 liter backpack and a 60 liter backpack. The top compartment is also expandable. The pack can fit as much as over 25% more than that.
The backpack feels sturdy and durable. However, one downside about the bag is the bottom material. It feels flimsy, and if you were to rest the bag on the ground for too long, it could start tearing.
Another thing that makes the backpack stand out is the design. Thanks to the designs on the bag, it looks tough. It also looks like it could be much roomier on the inside. The shoulder straps also have a comfy padding to help reduce stress on our shoulders and back.
11. School Backpack
- Exquisite design
- Easy to carry.
When I first examined the shopping bag, I assumed I would observe a good fabric and a nice quality from the stitching. The great thing about this backpack is that it has 3 compartments that are separated by zippers.
This is a great backpack that could seal up liquids. If it is truly water-resistant, this should be able to protect your wetsuit or your bathing suit. Or, you can use it to store pens and pencils from rainy days.
This is a great backpack for school. It is perfect for a daypack or a survival bag. It would be great to use when you go for hiking or fishing trips. You never know when you need to stores a lot of stuff such as clothes or water.
12. Luck route Dry Bag
- This backpack comes with a lifetime warranty, so you can make a purchase without the worry of voiding the guarantee.
It’s got a large waterproof dry bag with 500D tear strength PVC build that’s able to handle extreme wear and tear. This is a really durable option.
It comes with a detachable shoulder strap, so you can even wear it as a regular backpack if you want.
This bag is large enough to accommodate a 15” laptop and a lot of wet gear, so if you need to take your laptop with you for work, it shouldn’t be a problem.
13. Travel Laptop Backpack
- Lots of pockets to organize items
- Lots of padding
- Many color choices for customization
- Lots of storage pockets inside
- Geat for college students
- Side pockets are small
- Waterproof zippers
- Very light weight
The capacity of this waterproof bag is a little over 1,000 cubic inches, which is a good size for the frequent traveler. The bag itself weighs a little less than 2 pounds, but if it’s filled to capacity, it might be a little heavy.
One of the reasons why we like this bag is for the numerous molle loops. These loops allow you to attach various accessories and pouches, which is very useful for the traveler who has a lot of things to carry.
14. Seibertron Roving Motorcycle Riding Street Dirt Bike Waterproof Rucksack Backpack
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Lots of small zippered compartments
- Waterproof cover
- Reinforced straps
- Straps are uncomfortable on the shoulders
- Pockets are too small
This 2-wheel motorcycle backpack offers you the comfort and reliability you expect from Seibertron products.
It includes smartly-designed compartments to keep everything at a quick and easy reach. It includes a rain cover to protect your belongings from sudden rain showers. The addition of reflective strips will definitely increase your visibility at night.
This bag is fairly large but is still small enough to carry at your back, making it both functional and versatile. The shoulder straps are padded and for extra stability attached to the rubberized back protector.
15. HITOP Vintage Laptop Backpack
- Many pockets
Waterproof Laptop Backpack.
The HITOP Vintage Laptop Backpack is a chic, classy backpack which screams “I’m a college student”. It’s made from high quality canvas which makes it super durable and easy to carry. There are two padded handles that ensure your hand won’t hurt and there’s a clip on the back that can be clipped to school bags or athletic bags.
If you’re into backpacks with a lot of pockets, then you’ll love this one! This backpack has so many pockets that you’ll be able to organize everything perfectly. It comes with an inner waterproof pocket for when you want to save your important stuff from getting wet.
16. KOLAKO Business Laptop Backpack
- Water resistant feature to protect against water, humidity, and dirt
- The design of this backpack is fun with its colors, and it appears to be plain looking from the front, but once it turns to the side it looks very sophisticated
- The material used to make this product is waterproof
- Has a lifetime warranty
Although the material is waterproof, it does not keep the user dry. Thus if you’ll be out in the rain for more than an hour, then you’d best keep your laptop in a safe, dry place
The backpack has a nice laptop compartment that fits up to a 15.6 inch laptop. It also has two large compartments for other items needed for traveling, studying, or school supplies. The outside of the backpack has two big pockets for storing other items that you would like easy access on the side with a small side pocket to store keys.
17. HIKPRO 20L
- Protective Interior Cushion Against Impact
- Very Durable and Lightweight
- Lightweight and Comfortable for All-Day Use
- Double Back Shoulder Belt
- Side Kick Pockets
- More Durable & More Comfortable when Compared to other Backpack Brands
- The Chest Strap sometimes Fell off
- The Zipper Broke
- Not Enough Pockets
- Nylon Stitching is not Durable
The HIKPRO is made out of 100% nylon which is really lightweight and durable, it is highly water resistant and is perfect for students, hikers, and travelers. It is a comfortable backpack for all-day use. The HIKPRO light-weight backpack is great for day hiking, traveling, and everyday use. It features a weather-proof design, which includes a reinforced top and bottom, sealed seams, a TPU lamination, a rain cover, and a RFID pocket. It has been designed with two compartments, including the main compartment and the front compartment.
18. MAYZERO School Backpacks Waterproof School Bags Durable Travel Camping Backpacks
- Relatively inexpensive
- Lots of pockets for organization
- Good build quality
- Decent quality
- Crappy zippers
- The shoulder straps are made from a poor material and are uncomfortable
- Makes a crinkly noise
- Not sturdy enough for hiking or camping
These school backpacks started out as a Kickstarter project. The designers were trying to provide water-resistant, durable, and multifunctional backpacks for students. They used 1000D Cordura, waterproof oxford cloth, 210D high density sponge, 100% polyester inside lining, and YKK zippers.
19. Doubmall Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Waterproof Outdoor Camping Hiking Daypack Sport Backpack
- It is made of high performance honeycomb nylon.
- It has a lightweight design that makes it a perfect choice for hiking, climbing, camping, mountaineering, traveling and other outdoor activities.
- It is equipped with a large main compartment for storage and a front compartment as well as a top side pocket to help you store your valuables.
- The backpack is quite comfortable as it is cushioned and ventilated.
- It has a top-quality waterproof material that has been used to manufacture the backpack.
- The backpack features a chest strap and a waist strap that help to evenly distribute the weight across the back.
- It has been equipped with an external shock absorption system that makes the backpack as comfortable as possible.
The backpack is a little bit on the heavy side as it weighs 1.1 kg.
20. S & P Packable Foldable Folding Travel Sport Beach Backpack
- Easy to carry
- Space efficient design for small and medium sized travelers
- Holds up well to wear and tear
- The backpack is perfect size for holding as souvenirs
- For long flights, this bag is lightweight and easy to carry
- It is compact when folding
- Light and durable
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Great for kayaking, scuba diving, and hiking for waterproof function
The S&P Packable Foldable Folding Travel Sport Beach Backpack is a small and lightweight backpack that comes with an RFID blocking system. For travel, this bag is the ideal size for holding your travel documents, water bottles, portable chargers, lap tops, and other smaller items your need when traveling.
The RFID blocking system ensures that your bank cards, passport, and other valuables will be protected when using this bag. Though the backpack is thin, it can hold heavy items. Nevertheless, it is not ideal for backpacking vacations or traveling with lots of things.
21. HEXIN Waterproof Rated 20L/33L Lightweight Foldable Backpack Hiking Daypack
- Top-rated waterproof backpack
- Folds into its own internal waterproof bag for great portability
- Makes a great weekend bag
- Reputable, long-lasting manufacturer
- Lots of external and internal pockets
This HEXIN waterproof backpack is a great low-cost option when it comes to fully waterproofed backpacks.
This one is 20L, and the manufacturer also has slightly larger and smaller versions available. Its lightweight build (1.65 pounds) makes it easy to carry as a daypack for your hikes or outdoor activities.
The external pockets give you plenty of space for essential items like water bottles, food, or maps. The main compartment offers enough storage for clothes, sleeping gear, and gear. You’ll also find an internal pocket for your media devices like phones or tablets.
22. Outdoor Foundry 100% Waterproof Backpack
- Our research found that the most common complaint buyers had is that the bag doesn’t have a top handle.
The bag is advertised as being “Multi functional as a backpack, shoulder bag, aviator, duffel, gym and more”. The “and more” is misleading because the top handle is the only way to carry it.
The Outdoor Foundry SEALdry.
The Outdoor Foundry SEALdry.
23. HITOP Drawstring Backpack
- Plenty of pockets, great for organization
- Very durable
- A lot of room to hold all you need
- Very lightweight
- Great gift for all ages
- Fun colors (I have red/white and black/white)
- Comfortable shoulder strap
- My laptop fits in this bag standing up with a little room on the side if I want to carry pens or other school supplies. It’s nice that when I put my laptop in my backpack with it standing on its side, it’s well padded and the laptop itself is secure and down. Other bags would leave my laptop vulnerable.
- I love this bag! It holds so many things from school supplies to toys. I love my new bag! I will be getting another bag in the future, just for style reasons. I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. Worth the money!
24. Sky people Premium Waterproof Hiking Backpack
- Budget-friendly bag built up of waterproof material
- Lightweight and durable
- Can be folded down as small as a purse, providing for easy storage while not in use
- Includes multiple pockets for great storage
- Includes a bag to store your shoes, laptop, clothing, and other accessories
- Two side pockets for water bottles, umbrellas, and other items
- The optional shoe bag is much larger than the backpack itself, and storing it in the backpack will be a tight squeeze.
- The bag is short by current standards, which means that if you’re a tall person, the bag may be too tight for you to fit in comfortably.
The SkyPeople backpack is somewhat unique because it stands out from most waterproof backpacks in that you can fold the backpack into a very small, concealed pocket that is smaller and thinner than a wallet, giving a minimalist, inconspicuous appearance even when you are using it.
The backpack is constructed of a waterproof Cordura nylon material, so even if you get caught in a rainstorm, your backpack will continue to keep your belongings dry. The backpack has a heavy duty design and comes with stitching that makes the seams extremely tough.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best waterproof backpack?
Women’s backpacks must be comfortable, practical, and stylish for everyday use. Men’s backpack needs to be strong and durable for everday use. So, which is the best backpack for each gender? Here is our recommendation of backpack for 1600 review.
Are there waterproof backpacks?
Running in the rain is one of my favorite things to do. It’s a ton of fun and probably my favorite form of running. I also spend a lot of time in an urban environment and always have to go on errands in the rain. I’ve tried many types of rain jackets and pants over the years and this is what I’ll share in this guide.
That said, no there are no entirely waterproof backpacks. However, many sports bags and backpacks that are sold as waterproof are actually good enough for most rain conditions. In fact, many runners carry their phone and other electronics in their waterproof running backpacks while running through torrential rains. Some even use their waterproof/water-resistant backpacks to swim in the ocean with.
What is the most durable backpack brand?
I think durability is a key consideration when choosing the best backpacks here, and there are a few brands that rise to the top and are known for their excellent quality. Think military grade and super tough.
For durability, I would choose Eberlestock, Maxpedition, 5.11 Tactical, MOLLE, Camelbak, and Blackhawk. All these names are synonymous with strong, long-lasting products designed to last for years and even decades.
What brand makes the best backpacks?
Camelbak is the number one brand for backpacks today. They came up with the best designs ever!
The Air Zone suspension system makes it one of the lightest and most comfortable options on the market. Many reviewers have reported that it helps with easy breathing as well. Your back will also appreciate the soft straps, which are super comfortable.
We hope that after reviewing this page, you have a better idea of which waterproof backpack to get for all your adventures. It’s good to know what is currently available out there, and to know what to spend rather than just what you have to spend. We hope this guide has been helpful in helping you figure out how to go about choosing the backpack that suits your lifestyle. After this, only your imagination is the limit of how you will use it.
|Earth Pak -Waterproof Dry Bag||Best Overall|
|MARCHWAY Floating Waterproof Dry Bag 5L/10L/20L/30L/40L||Budget Pick|
|Skog Å Kust BackSåk Waterproof Floating Backpack||Upgrade Pick|