In this article we’ll put the spotlight on the TOGUARD Trail Camera 14MP 1080P.
Let’s see if it lives up to the hype.
- Great camera produces really good quality videos and pictures
- Video quality is great even in close ups and low light conditions
- Auto-focus is proven to produce good results when pictures are taken at close range
- 2-way texting and 4-way calling allow you to get in touch with you remotely
- Camera can detect motion up to 50 feet away
- App works well on iPhone
- Can take photos & videos
- Can record audio
- When using the 4G network it has difficulty sending photos and videos
- Has a tendency to focus on the wrong target when taking pictures
- Cannot take high quality photos (1080P)
- Does not have a recording memory in case of a cloud failure
- Battery is a bit light when it comes to taking many pictures in a row
This full HD camera comes in two different models; a low grade 1080P for beginners and a higher grade one, TOGUARD Trail Camera Realtree Xtra Camo, with RealTree camo pattern in the casing.
The TOGUARD Trail Cameras are top of the line in their usage of technology with motion and temperature tracking technology built in. In my opinion the TOUGH Trail Cameras are worth the money because they have the highest resolution of any camera on amazon right now.
When you are in the field, using the motion detection buttons will allow you to check what is going on without even having to look at the camera. The cameras also come with a time lapse mode that allows you to take a series of photos quickly and then go back later and have a look at what happened on a particular day.
Another practical application is as a video doorbell for your home. The cameras will take a full HD video clip of whatever is in it's line of sight. This is useful for people like me who may not always be home.
Not what you’re looking for? Read our roundup review: The Best Trail Cameras (2022 Reviews)